Members of the inaugural Osteopathy Board of Australia were appointed for three years by the Australian Health Workforce Ministerial Council on 31 August 2009.
Functions of the Board
The functions of the Osteopathy Board of Australia include:
- registering osteopaths and students
- developing standards, codes and guidelines for the osteopathy profession
- handling notifications, complaints, investigations and disciplinary hearings
- assessing overseas trained practitioners who wish to practise in Australia
- approving accreditation standards and accredited courses of study.
Our functions are supported by Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). For information about legislation governing our operations see AHPRA's Legislation & Publications.
Contact the Board
Dr Robert Fendall (Osteopath), Chair,
Osteopathy Board of Australia
G.P.O. Box 9958
Melbourne VIC 3001
You can use the online enquiry form to contact the board.
Read Communiqués from the Board.
Meet the Board
Meet the individual Board members.